Friday, August 6, 2010

Sweet Treat

Yoooohoooo yes I'm finally back in my humble home in Cipinang, after spending my first week away in Depok. After a general lecture, I immediately packed my laundry and went back to my Jakarta. A week there thought me a lot of things and new set of rules:
1. After fourteen years by car, now I go to campus on foot
2. I eat 'warteg' almost everyday, which is totally cheap compared to what I usually eat in Jakarta
3. I have to do chores I definitely didn't do for throughout my childhood: sweep, mop, scrub my bathroom and toilet, do the dishes, every other day. pheww :P


So enough about college (the euphoria is still on my head) I went to Epicentrum, lunch at Brussels Spring. It is a chocolaterie and dessert parlour as well as a fusion restaurant. Throughout the week I realize I didn't eat much meat, which was super plus so I ordered my biggest indulgent: pasta and chocolate.

If you read my previous posts, I actually have been to Brussels Spring Bandung, at Jalan Sumatera last month. But I didn't try the main meal so here they are.

Belgian Chocolate Milkshake. What a pleasure! Chocolate have that feel good effect, perfect to end the busy week. I love every drip of this shake. No guilty feelings here, I needed the boost :P One thing that struck me was how creamy the whipped cream. It actually tasted like cream, not just some fake tasteless topping. I loved it. This is 20k.

As always I order cream sauce pasta, this time was Spaghetti Ala Brussels Spring, with beef, mushrooms, red and green bellpeppers and onions. Coated with a layer of cheese, it was awesome! The portion was just right and I think the pepper added an exotic taste that made it very good, not just a plain cream, which if you eat too much will end up somewhat nauseous. Pastas go for 40k-60k.

Brussels Spring Jakarta is located at Rasuna Epicentrum Ground Floor. I have to warn you the space is not very large, but perfect for get-together or just enjoying ice cream on a sunny day.


always,
Hana.

No comments: