Monday, July 12, 2010

Time Travel

My family made a trip to Bandung last weekend and I've been searching online for the best restaurant in the city to try. For Saturday night dinner, we went to INDISCHETAFEL, at Jalan Sumatera No. 19. This is a Dutch inspired themed restaurant, designed to be like an old house in Indonesia during the Dutch settlement. As soon as you walk in, you'll see old gramophone, measuring device, grinder, fan, stuff like that. My grams said the floor and furniture really looked authentic.

For starters, we order this: bitterballen, but with a twist: cheese. The cheese was generous; it's so good, perfect for cheese lovers.

Dad order this smoked ribs, the house specialty. What can I say? It was gorgeous. It is well portioned, a real value for money. As ribs go, it was one of the best I've tried. It's tender and nice, but the barbeque sauce was a little too..tense and strong for my tastebuds. This goes for about 70-80 thousand IDR.

My brother's was this tongue steak. I was like 'What?' but when I tried it, it was heavenly. I really don't think it would taste so good. But try to avoid thinking about the actual tongue, or you'll have an unpleasant eating experience, like I did :P


My dinner was a simple sirloin with mushroom sauce and mashed potato. Meat quality, not so tender, but the portion fit. Oh, and the mashed potato tasted like potato, not so much spices going on. Warning, there is a lot of potatoes, you'll be full with it. The sauce was nice. Yum. Steaks go for around 50-60 thousand IDR.


The food flow was good, the food presentation was top notch, ambience not so much. Because it feels like home, everyone acted like they are really at home, laughing and talking too loud, and sometimes making jokes that failed to entertain. But through out the night, the radio played old Dutch songs, which really goes with the theme.

Oh, there is also the shop, selling cookies and baked goods.


always,
hana.

1 comment:

Jaqueline Holiyanto said...

thanks for your comment :)
followed, are you sure that you already follow me ? (on twitter or blog ?) hehe. because i'm searching your name, but i can't found it :s

sorry :s

~Jaqueline

www.waitingforthemiracles.blogspot.com

ps : wanna exchange link ? :D