Monday, July 12, 2010

Ornate Tent

Sunday afternoon we went to Jalan Riau to buy some baked goods from Prima Rasa, before driving to NANNY'S PAVILLON. Did you know that PAVILLON means 'ornate tent'? That's so cool and this place really reflects on its name. It has a very relaxed feeling, like dining in our own backyard. It's open air but not so hot. But the theme color reminded me a lot like Sour Sally but this one offer pancake, waffle, pasta and sandwiches.

You'll find Nanny's Cocktail in almost every table. I think because it is its signature drink. It's basically fruit punch with real pieces of fruit, with two fresh flavors: mango and blueberry. I tried the blueberry, which can serve up to five people. Trust me, it's alcohol free :D


My brother tried the meatball cheese pancake. I don't like pancake so it wasn't my favorite. Although it was topped with cheese, a very generous amount of cheese, it didn't taste so good. But I give it up for the meatballs, it was good.

I ordered pasta, fettucini carbonara with smoked beef. The sauce was sooooo good. But I can't say the same about the pasta itself, it was too hard for my tongue. Was it good? Yes. Would I come again? Maybe.


But my ultimate favorite was this: crazy chocolate waffle. The waffle was soft and tender, combined with chocolate: heavenly. I can't recommend this enough. For the choco lover out there, try this!

The food go for about 20-40 thousand IDR but the cocktail was 40k IDR. I have to warn you, because it's open air, people can smoke which for me ruins the ambience. By the looks of the customer, it is pretty famous with young crowds, perfect for afternoon past time with friends.


always,
hana.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this place too, the one in jakarta hehe

let's exchange?

Hana Talita said...

oh ya the one in City Walk, is it?

sure thing, aris, thanks.

Unknown said...

it's gorgeous! but the smoking? boo~

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

last pic look so nyumiii