Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Transport Me

After church last Sunday, on my way to see ONROP!, I made a stop at Menteng Huis looking for lunch. There is H.E.M.A a Dutch themed restaurant. It was empty and dark. At first it was a disappointment but I love its cuisine so I went anyway.


Going there with my brother, he order Kippen Borst Speciaal, which is a grilled chicken breast drenched in cream sauce, with cheese covered potato wedges. It as good as chicken can get. I love the generous cream sauce and the fact that they use potato wedges instead of baked potato. It was interesting.
I, on the other hand, order Hutspot met Klapstuk, a handful of mashed potatoes with pieces of grilled beef, again drenched in this generous cream sauce. The potato was good but I can't say the same about the meat. It was quite hard to chew.


Each meal go for 31k; the average price ranges are from 20k-50k. If you're looking for a light meal (well, it isn't light at all but still...) the portion is smaller than I expected. I found myself wanting more. But for ambience, maybe you should try the one in TIS (Tebet) because this branch was just too empty.


always,
hana.


PS: I'm moving all my non-food related posts to http://feastontheeye.tumblr.com
this one is strictly food. Enjoy :D

3 comments:

putri soe said...

YEAH! smangat dengan food blognya hana! always waiting for your review!

FairyFaye said...

Nice! Dutch food! :) I see a Rotterdam sign.. lol :)

I V Y said...

yum!